Some people go seasons without tuning or waxing their skis, and out on the slopes it shows, even if they don’t know any better. Getting a fresh tune and wax at Start Haus is one of the best things you can do to get your season started off right. Here’s why:
1) Well tuned skis are easier and more fun to ski. You’re legs are probably a little rusty, don’t add to first day frustrations with rusty edges or sticky bases. It takes us all a few runs to get our snow legs back, and if your skis aren’t running smoothly on funky early season snow or your edges aren’t biting on those man-made icy patches, you’re more likely to throw in the towel and go into the lodge for drinks.
2) Ski bases dry out all summer long. You didn’t put storage wax on at the end of last season like we told you to, did you? If your bases are getting discolored, white or chalky looking, they’re drying out. Dried out bases also shrink, affecting the tune of your ski too. It’s not the end of the world, but they’ll run really poorly – so get them in for a proper hot scrape and wax at Start Haus to really get wax down into the material and the tune fixed.
3) Edges get dinged and can rust in storage. Storage wax can also help protect metal from moisture, so if you skipped that step, chances are your edges won’t be ready for prime-time out of the gate. Getting a tune by the pros at Start Haus ensures they will run smooth so you won’t catch awkwardly or skid unexpectedly your first day out.
4) Don’t forget about last season’s damage you swore you’d take care of over the summer. Don’t let scratches or core shots in your base keep you from making first chair. Get the repairs you need done by the best technicians in the business.
5) If you were a good skier and did have us put on storage wax, don’t forget to take it off. That glopped on wax that was doing your bases so much good won’t do you any good if you don’t get a good scrape and brush. We’ll make sure you’ve got the perfect shiny finish on your bases so they run smooth and fast.