Join us for our much sought after winter tune clinic series! We’ll cover an array of topics to help you keep those skis sharp and fast. Check out the schedule below:
November 24th- Wax and Maintenance
December 15th- Intro to Race Tuning
January 12th- Advanced Tuning
February 16th- Tuning for Spring Conditions
We have just a handful of screaming deals left on Head, Rossi, and Dynastar. Head over to the outlet to see it all!
Join us for the 2018 Race Weekend!
Kick off your season with the experts- all major brand reps will be on-hand and ready to help you sort out what your athlete requires for the coming season. Get your orders sorted and placed before the gear sells out!
All race gear is marked at racer price! No gimmicks, no fake sales- your team athlete gets manufacturer race price on all skis, boots, and bindings!
October 27th and 28th. Only at Start Haus.
SALE IS NOW COMPLETE!
Thanks to everyone who made this one of our biggest consignment sales yet! We’ll be compiling sales reports in the coming weeks. Standby for a notification of your credit.
Start planning for the annual Start Haus Ski Consignment Sale! Got skis stacking up in your garage? Bring em down and turn that old gear into new.
Accepting skis now!
Bring us your used or new skis & race suits to get checked in and priced! Choose either 80% store credit or 60% cash and clear out that old gear!
Sale happens over labor day weekend, every year. This is a great way to sell off your old skis & race suits, and shop for either newer used gear or take advantage of our store-wide sale!
Bikes, skis, and more will be on sale for up-to HALF OFF.
All positions are now filled. If you’re a rock star, send us your resume anyway!
Who we are:
Start Haus is an award winning world-class ski shop located in the heart of California’s ski country. We service professional athletes to enthusiast skiers. Full time employees having worked a full season are compensated for one season pass at the resort of your choice. Pay is DOE, but Start Haus prides itself on offering its employees a living wage.
Join us Sunday June 24th for the Free Giant Demo Day at Start Haus!
Come check out the latest bikes and take em for a spin! Easy access to trails right from the shop. Staff will be on hand to answer any questions you have on bikes, plus deals in-store!
Buy a bike on June 24th and get 25% off any bike accessories!
June 24th 10AM-4PM only at Start Haus!
Its time to start thinking about trading in that old bike for a new whip! Bring us your used bike to sell at our 3rd annual Memorial Weekend Bike Consignment Sale!
You choose either 80% store credit to spend on anything in the shop, or choose 100% credit toward a new bike!
Accepting bikes now – whether its a DH, mountain bike, roadie, or a cruiser – dust it off and bring it by the shop. We’ll help you check it in, price it, and we’ll store it for you until the sale.
Sale happens Memorial Weekend, May 25th through 28th!
Troy Lee Designs A1 & A2 Mountain Biking Helmets: Superior Protection and Style
Still have the same bike helmet you bought when you first started riding? With greater awareness of the long-term damaging effects of concussions, bike helmet design has improved industry wide: helmets are no longer designed just to prevent skull fractures. One improvement is Multi-directional Impact Protection System (MIPS), a revolutionary technology that lets the helmet slide relative to the head, adding more protection against rotational violence to the brain caused by angled impacts. Troy Lee Designs feels that MIPS is so important to prevent concussions that they no longer make helmets without it. Come into Start Haus in Truckee and check out our full line of bike helmets, including the A1 and A2 helmets by Troy Lee Design.
The Classic A1 by Troy Lee is an aggressive all-mountain half shell helmet that has been a mountain biking industry leader for more than a decade. Known for being the most comfortable helmet on the market, the A1 has a superior liner, providing protection and all day wear ability whatever the terrain. With its race-inspired design, the Troy Lee A1 features a distinctive style, with eye-catching modern design and graphics. The A1 features:
- Reinforced polycarbonate shell in-molded with the EPS liner extends down the sides and back of the head for maximum protection and durability
- MIPS brain protection system, reduces rotational forces to the brain
- Eight pressurized intake passages draw in cool air for maximum ventilation
- Eight rear vacuum vortex outlets help exhaust and draw heat from head
- Triple position adjustable retention system allows customized fit for various eyewear, head shape and riding styles
- Single piece, ultra plush, removable and washable comfort liner made of anti-microbial moisture wicking material for a dry, comfortable feel
- Full spectrum adjustable moto inspired visor with anodized aluminum hardware
The Troy Lee A2 is new for 2018, building on all the award-winning features of the A1 with added protection and improved ventilation. The A2 is the first helmet in its class to combine EPP (for slow speed impacts) and EPS (for high speed impacts), setting a new benchmark for mountain bike helmets and redefining mountain bike safety, style, comfort, and ventilation. The A2 features:
- Huge air intakes – 25% larger than A1 – connected to massive exhaust ports through deep internal channels provide powerful cooling efficiency
- Updated X-Static® pure silver comfort liner with more material for comfort delivers high performance odor protection and quick-dry moisture wicking
- MIPS brain protection system. reduces rotational forces to the brain
- Dual-density EPS co-molded with EPP for state-of-the-art impact energy management at low and high crash speeds, and everything in between
- 16% more EPS+EPP in the frontal lobe and raised EPS splines provide more protection in the common impact zones
- Aerospace filament-reinforced polycarbonate shell
- Break-away anodized aluminum visor screws
- Rear stabilizer fit system with flexible, slimline arms, including 3-position front and rear locations for a custom fit
- Expanded field of view works with both goggles and glasses
- Adjustable strap dividers for a perfect fit every time
Stop by Start Haus and talk to our bike experts and check out helmets and more biking gear to enhance your experience on the trails.